Saturday, January 29, 2011

Meaningful Conversation

Recently I have been reminded of how much I love real conversation.  For much of my life, many of my favorite moments have come from times where I have conversations with people that go beyond the surface...it is truly one of my favorite things.  Unfortunately it happens far less than I would hope.  I find that most of the time, day to day conversations with people are filled with trivial topics and insincere feelings.  I certainly think there is a time and place for light hearted discussions and quick answers, but I also yearn for more conversations like ones that leave me feeling like I know someone better.  Listening to someone's life story...the wisdom they've gained from personal experiences or the heartache thats made them stronger in the midst of their struggles...is one of the greatest ways we have to connect to one another.    I also love being able to share about ones values and convictions, hopes and dreams with out an agenda to alter or debate those thoughts.  Just hearing how and why someone believes the way they do can offer insight and perspective.  Nothing sounds better than a cup of hot chocolate, a quiet coffee shop, and a friend (or a stranger) to chat away a few hours of the day with.  Small moments.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment